Friday 25 April 2008

And, blimey

Just had a phone call from the new editor at a literary agency I was in touch with last year. BIG crime agent. She's new in the job and working her way through correspondence she's inherited and wanted to know where I was up to with rewrites and what not. From what I could gather, she'd got me flagged as potential talent, which is rather lovely (as is she). She asked me to send her a synopsis for the new novel, even though I explained it was work in progress and unlikely to be ready for subbing for some months. I wonder - just wonder - if this is connected to the CWA Anthology. This particular agent is a big supporter of the CWA, attends their jollies and so forth. And I'd more or less written this agency off. They're not the ones who were so very enthusiastic and supportive of my writing, although helpful and constructive enough.

8 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

That's wonderful news - well done!

A
xxx

Vanessa Gebbie said...

fantastic, fantastic.

Please can we have your autograph NOW beofre you enter the stratosphere??!!

Poppy said...

Good good good. I've read a fair number of your flash pieces and short stories on WW, and think they're fantastic.
So - good!
pxx

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Anne and Poppy and Vanessa.

Vanessa, you don't think you're leaving Bantry without a signed copy of the Fish Anthology, do you?!

Tania Hershman said...

Hey Sarah, that's SO exciting! She sounds like a very thorough agent, and how lovely to be flagged as "potential talent". Looking forward to hearing more!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Tania!

Nik Perring said...

Sounds great! Fingers crossed.

Nik

Sarah Hilary said...

Cheers, Nik!