Friday 9 January 2009

Starting over

I know it's traditional to begin the New Year on January 1st, but having been sick as a snuff movie this week I've decided that for me it's starting January 12th. That's when I will begin writing the next crime novel. I wrote the preface and opening pages some time ago but this is a fresh start. I'm excited, I must admit. Buzzed, in fact. Not that this week was a complete write-off. I did finish a short story today, and entered it in a couple of contests. I also entered a couple of others things in a couple of other contests. But the Novel's the Thing. And it's to the Novel I am turning my attention, as of next week.

12 comments:

Douglas Bruton said...

Best of luck with the new novel, Sarah... am very impressed that being so sick you still have started the year in a flurry of activity.

Look forward to following your progress through the year, and hearing more about the new novel.

Onwards and upwards and upwards.

D

K.C. Ball said...

The Thing has already been done a couple of times, Sarah.

Maybe you should come up with a new title. ;)

P.S. Best of wishes for a productive 2009.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Douglas. I look forward to following your successes this year. It's great to have your support.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, KC, and you're right! Maybe I ought to call it The What, instead.

Nik Perring said...

Power to your writing fingers! Ooh, exciting times, fresh starts, aren't they? Best of luck!

Gay Degani said...

Brava Sarah!!! You go get 'em girl and I'm going to try hanging in your wake.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Nik!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Gay. You're right alongside me, no hanging allowed.

Anne Brooke said...

Glad you're feeling better, Sarah - and enjoy the writing!

Hugs galore

Axxx

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Anne, you too.

Kevin Shamel said...

OMG. Did you say sick as a snuff film? I like you. :)

Rock and rollio about your new book! Sounds like fun. Go!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Kev! Sick as a snuff movie. Yep, that's me. Mexican snuff movie, even.