Monday 4 May 2015

Someone Else's Skin up for the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year

I was travelling by tram between Edinburgh airport and the train station when my editor phoned to tell me the tremendously exciting news that Someone Else's Skin is on the 2015 long list for the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year. And, yes, there was a moment when I thought I'd misheard. This is the list chosen by crime authors, agents, editors, reviewers - my peers and the king makers, in essence. And Someone Else's Skin is on it! Alongside so many of my heroes, including Belinda Bauer (who won last year for her epic, Rubbernecker) and Ian Rankin and Sophie Hannah... The full list is here, together with the rules and process for the next stages. There's a public vote at one point, so do please bear that in mind if you liked Someone Else's Skin. Thanks

2 comments:

Rebecca Alexander said...

Congratulations! Well deserved.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Rebecca!