Friday 31 October 2008

A nice slice of news

Just a little thing but it came at a crucial moment, as I'm about to send the revised novel to the agent, suffering from the usual anxieties that accompany this stage of the process. Anyway, an email this morning from the editor of The Sigurd Journal, saying, "I wondered if we could discuss reprinting Revenge of the River Gods in our journal. I thought it was by far the best thing Every Day Fiction has published this year. I wanted to find out if you... are amenable to considering letting us reprint this story in both our print and email versions of the journal." As I say, nice timing. I shall consider it a good omen.

5 comments:

K.C. Ball said...

Congratulations, Sarah! I am in complete agreement on the story. It was cool beans.

BTW, I would love to have a translation of the verse that starts Revenge of the River Gods. In American, if you will. :)

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, KC. The verse is something I made up. Tamas is an old name for Thames. The Isis is the name of the part of the Thames where it flows through Oxford. The skulls of babies is just me being twisted.

K.C. Ball said...

I kinda, sorta figured it as something like that. Thanks.

Tania Hershman said...

Excellent story and excellent news, how exciting to be "solicited"!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Tania! I found out they're a paying venue, which is even better.