Thursday 4 June 2009

Feedback

I've just received my first Foto8 subscriber response to A Perspex Crucifix. Jerry Barnett, a talented photographer, wrote to say:

Hi Sarah, I'm a recent subscriber to 8 magazine and read your article "A Perspex Crucifix" today. I'm not normally a magazine reader, being more of a photo-and-news junkie, but this is one of the best short pieces I've read in ages. Being of Jewish background and my grandfather having served in the RAF while his friends and relatives vanished across Europe, I share a fascination and personal involvement with the legacy of the war. Thanks, Jerry

As Jerry and I discussed, there must be many people of our generation who are custodians of family history which needs to be kept alive. It was really good to hear from one of them, via the column in Foto8. I hope the story will reach (and touch) many more.

2 comments:

Nik Perring said...

What a lovely thing to read! Congrats!

Nik

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Nik. Yes it pretty much made my afternoon!