Sunday 30 August 2009

Junkyard sheriff

For the past week I've been on a strict routine for the new novel, rising at 6.30am and writing for two hours before the rest of the house is awake. I'm at the stage where what matters is getting black on white, putting in the hours until I have the story lodged so firmly under my skin I'm dreaming of the characters and can't wait to get up and at 'em. For now though I will admit it is hard work, especially the early rising. This morning there was an exciting bit of news to reward my bright start to the day. Prick of the Spindle announced the results of their Fiction Open Competition, and I received an honourable mention for my story, Junkyard Sheriff. Congratulations to the other honourable mentions and of course the winners who were Peter Weltner, JA Tyler, Jennifer Weathers and Amie Heasley. Follow the link for the full list. Everyone on the list will appear in the signature print edition. Now, no excuses, it's Novel Time.

8 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

6.30am? Good god, woman, that's a bit dedicated. Blimey. I am very impressed. I don't get going until the time is in double figures, although the jet lag has seen me up rather earlier, but that'll be gone soon. Congrats on Prick of the Spindle! We'll have to celebrate...

Gay Degani said...

Excellent!! Congrats Sarah on another big hit!

Sarah Hilary said...

Hi Tania, thanks! Would love to celebrate, once the jet lag lets up.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Gay. Cynthia at Prick of the Spindle just told me she "adored" my story, which made me blush and grin simultaneously. These moments mean so much.

Madeline said...

Congratulations, Sarah! And, yes, those "adored" comments really do mean a lot. :)

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Madeline, they certainly do, yes.

Jenzarina said...

6.30am????? Does that even exist?
If you've achieved that much before breakfast then you certainly deserve all the blush and grin moments you get!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Jen. Yes 6.30am exists. The question is whether I will after a week of making its intimate acquaintance.