Tuesday 26 January 2010

Little Episodes

Here's an important thing: a venue that supports people living with depression. Little Episodes exists to 'help de-stigmatise depression and promote compassion and understanding', and is supported by Mind, and by the Little, Brown book group, among others. Check out their website as they are doing some amazing things, with some significant talent. I especially like the K's artwork. I was touched and honoured to have a story chosen for their next anthology, Back in 5 Minutes, which will be launched in London in February. They are open for submissions all year round, and invite artists, writers and creatives to send material here.

4 comments:

Jenzarina said...

That sounds like a really good anthology, Sarah. Well done for being chosen and I hope the book does well. 1 in 3 people will suffer at some point in their lives and yet there's still such a gap in understanding. Good luck to them!

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Jen. Yes it's a common problem but still such a stigma, which projects like this are trying to tackle. I'm proud to be a part of it, even in this small way.

Gay Degani said...

Sarah,
I joined this but haven't had time to really figure it out. It's a writing site with threads, but no time to spend there.

I didn't see any thing about an anthology.

Sarah Hilary said...

Hi Gay, I get emails from them quite often, including one inviting subs for the anthologies. If you follow my link at the very end of this post it should take you to the submissions page.