Friday 4 July 2008

Fish Anthology 2008

Scroll down the right hand side of my blog and you'll find a photo of the front cover of Harlem River Blues, the new Fish Anthology being launched in Bantry on Monday 7 July. I'll be there for the launch, reading my story, Fall River, August 1892, which won the Criminally Short Histories Award. Another of my stories, The Eyam Stones, was a runner-up in the Short Histories category and is also in the same anthology. The first story is about Lizzie Borden (tiny extract under the cover image on the right, below). The Eyam Stones is about the village in Derbyshire sacrificed to keep the Black Death contained. I visited Eyam shortly before writing it; one of those have to write stories.

Because of the two stories, I get stacks of free copies of the Anthology and have earmarked a big handful for family and friends, including anyone reading this who'd like one. Go on, it'd give me a buzz to sign one for you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to read your stories Sarah. And a signed copy sounds grand!

Sarah Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gay Degani said...

Totally Cool, Sarah. I love the cover and want a signed copy if that's possible. Happy to pay for it.

Sarah Hilary said...

Thanks, Gay, I would be very happy to send you a copy, but it will be free. It's great for me to get to repay people who've shown my writing such support (and stamina!). Drop me your postal address to the email in my previous comment?

Vanessa Gebbie said...

It is SUCH a buzz signing books! You can sign one for me (but I'll give mine...) and I'll take a piccie!

Sarah Hilary said...

Lovely, Vanessa, thanks!

Martin Edwards said...

Looks good. Please can I join the queue if you have any left?

Sarah Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.