Friday 7 November 2008

Checking in

I've spent the week subbing stories and entering contests, also writing pain!fic which is my weakness but a great way of getting shot of excess adrenline. An oppportunity has come up to write a piece (part journalism, part diary, part fiction) for a high-profile international venue about the subject closest to my heart. Family history. I'm nervous as heck about it, but excited too. I need to get out all my files and photos and look for the best angle. I have two weeks to sub something good enough to hold the editor's interest which is definitely there just needs pinning down. Wish me luck?

6 comments:

K.C. Ball said...

You don't need luck, Sarah; you have something better. Talent.

Sarah Hilary said...

You're very kind to say so, KC, but I suspect a helping of luck wouldn't go astray. :)

Gay Degani said...

1) What the heck is pain!fic??
2) You've got talent by the shipload, the battleship load, the aircraft carrier load.
3) Luck never hurts. I'm talking to the universe right now, trying to dig up that extra piece of magic and sending it your way.

Sarah Hilary said...

Gay, you're my heroine, so thank you for the vote of confidence. Pain!fic is my relaxation. Kinky but it does the trick. Think Homer epic with stun batons.

solv said...

Ah ha ha ha! Wondered if you had a blog Sarah! Found a link on MG's site.
Gonna add you immediately. Because your Laureate-winning short still haunts me to this day. So you hit the big big time yet?
Ooh,, my word verification word is bachandi. Cool.

Sarah Hilary said...

Hi Solv! Great to see you here. Thanks for the kind comments about my story. I'm going to check out your blog tomorrow because The Maggot Farm? That's too intriguing!